Strong line of storms moving up through Lee County toward Wise and Scott. Gusty winds up to 40 or so and heavy rain. Flood advisories up for Lee, Scott, and Wise.
*Tornado watch out for parts of eastern TN..
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a
Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of
parts of eastern Kentucky
parts of western Virginia
much of southern West Virginia
VIRGINIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE
BLAND BUCHANAN CARROLL DICKENSON GILES GRAYSON LEE PULASKI RUSSELL SCOTT SMYTH TAZEWELL WASHINGTON WISE WYTHE
VIRGINIA INDEPENDENT CITIES INCLUDED ARE
BRISTOL GALAX NORTON
Effective this Tuesday afternoon and evening from 230 PM until 800 PM EST.
Hail to 1.5 inches in diameter... thunderstorm wind gusts to 70 mph... and dangerous lightning are possible in these areas.
The Severe Thunderstorm Watch area is approximately along and 60 statute miles north and south of a line from 30 miles north northwest of London Kentucky to 25 miles north northeast of Dublin Virginia. For a complete depiction of the watch see the associated watch outline update.
Remember... a Severe Thunderstorm Watch means conditions are favorable for severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements and possible warnings. Severe thunderstorms can and occasionally do produce tornadoes.
Other watch information... continue... ww 96...
Discussion... intense upper trough and deepening surface low moving across TN valley. Line of severe thunderstorms developing along cold front central KY will intensify and move rapidly newd across watch area. Primary threat will be damaging winds.
Strong line of storms moving up through Lee County toward Wise and Scott. Gusty winds up to 40 or so and heavy rain. Flood advisories up for Lee, Scott, and Wise.
Gosh, we haven't had a flood threat in a long time.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I bet it has rained a good 2-2.5" today in the Coeburn area.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Mom said she set out her rain gauge. I needed to put mine out.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks